Followers

Monday, June 12, 2017

Drawing Flower Patterns

Hi! It's Sandie here today and I would like to share a quick and simple way to draw flowers on clothing. The image I've used today is Marci with Rose, from La-La Land Crafts. 


First I need to colour my image, so I start with the skin on which I use
E000, E00, E11, E04, R21, R22, R35(lips). I actually meant to use the R22 on the lips but I picked up the wrong colour from my pile. 


 On the hair I use my favourite hair colours
E50, E51, E53, E33


Next I coloured up the dress and hat. As I am going to draw flowers on the clothing I don't want to use colours that are too dark , or too strong so I've chosen yellow -Y00, Y11, Y13, Y15. I made little ruffles in the skirt. 


The boots I've coloured brown, using E42, E43, E44, E29


I coloured the rose in the same colours as I will use for the flowers on her dress, to keep things coordinated - R81, R83, R85, R39. YGO3, YG63 


Once I have my image all coloured up I start the flowers by laying down some of the lighter pink (R83) in 2 circular strokes, Then I take R85 and draw some outline with it. You can add as many or as few flowers as you desire. You can also add more as you go. 



Next I take the YG03 and mark out where my leaves are going to go. I use a light colour because it's easy to cover it over if I'm not happy with the placement. 


Finally I go over the leaves with YG63 to make them pop out more. 


I finish the colouring by going back to the dress with Y17 and adding more colour to the areas I want to make darker. I also coloured the little bows on her boots.
 The image is now ready for a project. 


Thanks so much for dropping by today. I hope you are inspired to try this yourself. 
Sandie




1 comment:

Lynne said...

A great tutorial, thank you x