Followers

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

A Mermaid Hello

Hi everyone!

Today it's my turn to show you a card that I made. This time I choosed to make a little underwater scéne with some mermaids and fishes. I have the Little Mermaids stamp by The Greeting Farm almost 1 year and I finally had some time to play with it!

First I stamped the images with my Memento Desert Sand ink pad on some Neenah cardstock so I can use the no lines technique to colour in. I overdrew the eyes with a black Copic multiliner 0.1 and let it dry for a few minutes. 

I started to add a layer on E51 on the bottom of the cardstock to make it like sand.
Then I coloured the rest of the sand a little bit wavy because it's in water with my E55 en E53 markers.


Now the sand needs a bit more texture and I did it with adding some dots of the same colours on top of sand.


Then I coloured the sandcastle and I used E57, E55, E53 and E51 for that. I also darkend the shadow around the castle with my E57 marker to let the castle pop out more.


After that I did the water but I forgot to take pictures in between, so stupid. I decided to have my lightsource at the right upper corner and let it fall down like hairstrokes. You have to do flicky moves.
Here you can see that I coloured a bit over the other images that are still blank, but that isn't a disaster. You won't see that if you colour the rest.


After that I did the skin of both images. I always start with skin right behind I did the background.


Then I coloured the mermaids with some fun colours. I really like it to give them crazy haircolours.


Here's how it looks like when it was done but I added some details on the bubbles with the Copic Opaque White paint. You can see that on the last picture.


And tadaaaa... Here she is, my mermaidcard!


Here are all the colours I've used (there are a lot!!!)
skin: E04, E11, E00, E000
orange: E09, E07, E04, E02, E00
purple: V09, V06, V04, V000
green: G28, YG17, YG13, YG11
pink: RV69, RV19, RV55, RV52
yellow: E37, E35, Y28, YR23, Y17, Y15
blue: B29, B26, B24, B21
sand: E51, E57, E55, E53
water: BG000, BG11, BG72, BG23, BG01


Thank you for stopping by, 
Deborah

No comments: